At Home Care Preferred we are keeping up to date with all changes in the situation surrounding the spread of Coronavirus.
We are ensuring that when changes in guidance occur our policies and procedures are remaining up to date and in line with the law and care regulations.
To ensure the safety of our customers as well as our team, each Home Care Preferred branch has a Business Continuity Plan that is place and under constant review.
Preventing Contraction of COVID-19
The number of cases is rising in the United Kingdom. The advise from the government and NHS England is the following:
Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- If you go out, stay two meters (6ft) away from other people at all times
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
Some additional advice which is important to follow:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw away your tissue into the bin right away or sneeze into the bed of your elbow and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people that have respiratory illness symptoms
- Where possible avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched frequently
- If you feel ill, stay at home and contact the 111-corona virus helpline
- When you are asked to self-isolate because of corona virus like symptoms make sure to follow the advice from the NHS
Up to date information the situation
For the most up-to-date information you can visit The Department of Health and Social Care or see the below links for various official sources.
- Government Action Plan
- World Health Organisation
- For comprehensive information about COVID-19, please visit: