This group was previously called Enfield Good Samaritan Network and set up to provide more support for people with housing, addiction and mental health problems.
EGSN went through a period without much activity and existing members of the group and new people met during the latter part of 2016 and agreed to rebrand the group as Enfield Fresh Start.
The group is led by HCP Social Enterprise but consists of several members of the community including: Member of Parliament, David Burrowes; Representatives from Charities, Representatives from Department of Work and Pensions; Local business people; Local people who live in the community and want to make a positive difference.
During 2017 the focus of Enfield Fresh Start is on the issue of Homelessness and the associated reasons why people are experiencing housing difficulties.
The objectives for the first year include:
- Grow the membership of Enfield Fresh Start
- Increase awareness of Homelessness in the borough of Enfield & beyond
- Produce a directory of services for homeless people in the borough
- Hold networking events to promote a more joined up service for clients
- Fundraising events
- Photography exhibition involving people living on the streets coordinated by a professional photographer
Anyone wishing to support or join Enfield Fresh Start should contact Laura Brassett E: firstname.lastname@example.org